NOTICE OF RACE
International Catalina 30 Association
2003 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP REGATTA
The International Catalina 30 Association and Catalina 30 Fleet 31, Harrison Twp, Michigan are the organizing authorities for this regatta. Catalina 30 Fleet 31, Clinton River Catalina Association of Harrison Twp and North Star Sail Club are the co-hosts of the regatta and will provide race management.
1. Rules: The regatta will be governed by The Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) and the prescriptions of US Sailing 2001-2004 (USSA) as currently amended, the International Catalina 30 Association (IC30A) rules, this Notice of Race, and the Sailing Instructions. The maximum allowable headsail shall be 155% L.P. The regatta is classified as a Category A. event in accordance with USSA Appendix G3.
2. Eligibility: This regatta is open to any Catalina 30 yacht whose registered owner / skipper is a member of the IC30A. Six racing classes will be initially offered subject to a three-boat minimum in each final class. Only yachts competing in the "Handicap" classes shall receive handicaps as per IC30A by laws.
Under the IC30A by law V. c., if the number of entries does not allow separate starts for tall and standard rigging in the Race & Handicap Division, then tall and standard shall be raced together in both JAM and Spinnaker Classes.
3. Measurement: All competing yachts must submit a valid certificate of measurement at the time of registration. Yachts lacking a current measurement certificate may be measured up through the registration in section 5.
Fees: $120 if
received before August 18, 2003, US Sail members $105
Catalina Association at North Star Sail Club 32401 S. River Rd. Harrison Twp., MI 48045
248-656-0947 no later than Saturday, 8:00 am
on September 13, 2003.
Registration and sail measurement will be available starting Friday,
September 12, 2003 , from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. A skippers' meeting will be held
at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, September 13, 2003 at North Star Sail Club.
7. Courses: Courses will be in Anchor Bay of Lake Saint Clair, off the Clinton River, Harrison Twp, Michigan, and specific courses will be at the discretion of CRCA Race Committee.
9. Loan boats: Loan boats may be available on a limited and pre-arranged basis. Request for a loan boat must be made as early as possible on the entry form.
Official Entry Form
request Form ( dinners, hats T-Shirts)